THIS CLIENT SERVICE AGREEMENT ("Agreement") is entered into this day on 2019, June 27, in Virginia Beach, Virginia, by and between A HELPING HAND HR, LLC, a Virginia limited liability company, (the "Company") and Client (referred to in first person as "You").
A Helping Hand employs Helpers who are professional, knowledgeable, and experienced in caring for children of all ages. Every Helper is infant and child CPR and First Aid certified, has undergone a thorough background screening, and participated in our on-boarding and training orientation. Our Helpers are here to provide top quality care for your child(ren). Housecleaning, yard work, laundry, and other household chores are not services that our Helpers are able to assist with during their service. Our Helpers are committed to providing an AHH-mazing childcare experience for your family and children which includes bringing crafts and activities provided by the Company. The Company is licensed, bonded, and insured.
1. All childcare services have a 3-hour minimum, and You will be charged the minimum if fewer hours are used.
2. Cancellation of accepted services must be made at least 24 hours in advance, otherwise a $39 fee applies.
3. Solicitation of services provided by employees of the Company, without permission of the Company, is strictly prohibited. No services will be provided by any Company employee unless the service has been requested through the online forum under Your account. If You violate this policy, the Company will take legal action and You may be held accountable for loss revenue and attorney fees.
4. A mileage fee of $0.60/mile will be charged for travel in employee’s vehicle pertaining to the service being rendered. (e.g. driving children to and from soccer practice).
Clients requesting services outside of the designated Service
Area will incur a travel fee.
Click this link to view our Service Area.
6. Helpers may only care for children You are legally responsible for and who are listed on Your family feature sheet. Play-dates, sleep overs, etc. are not permitted during services; this includes outside play with neighbor children.
Background. The Company provides a babysitting service. The Company only provides this service to its clients who have completed this Agreement and have specifically requested that service.
Services to be Provided. After completing this Agreement, You may request babysitting services from the Company by posting your request on the online forum under Your account. An online Family Feature Sheet must be completed to start Your file, and to obtain babysitting services. You agree to update your Family Feature Sheet as needed.
Cost of Services. You agree to pay the rate established by the Company’s Fee Schedule posted on the Company’s website on the date of Your request for services.
Terms of Payment for Services. You agree to pay the Company for all services provided within 5 days of the e-mailed invoice. The Company’s preferred method of payment is through our online invoice system with QuickBooks. You will be charged a late fee for all invoices paid after the due date.
Independent Contractor Status. You acknowledge that this agreement does not create an employer-employee relationship between You and the Company. Rather it is understood by You that the Company is an independent contractor.
Limitation of Liability and Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold the Company and its employees harmless for damage to property caused by the child or children who are the subject of the babysitting services. Further, You agree to indemnify and save the Company and its employees harmless from and against any and all claims, loss, damages, injury, liability and costs, including but not limited to reasonable attorney’s fees and court costs, incurred by third parties to this Agreement which are not the result of the sole negligence of the Company or its employees.
Company Staff Provided. The Company reserves the right to choose which of its employees will assist its clients. The Company will make reasonable efforts to maintain continuity with its employees’ services to clients.
Termination. You will have the right to terminate the Company’s services at any time however, the Company shall have the right to obtain payment for any services either partially or fully completed. Company shall likewise have the right to terminate its relationship with You at any time for any reason.
Sever ability. If any provision of this Agreement is determined to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of this Agreement remain in full force, if the essential provisions of this Agreement for each party remain valid, binding, and enforceable.
Safety of Company’s Employees. The Company maintains the safety of its employees as a primary concern. If upon arriving at a residence to perform requested services, the employee feels the working conditions or requested services could jeopardize her safety, the Company will refund the Client’s payment and will be released from its obligation to perform those services. You agree to follow the Family Code of Conduct:
Family Code of Conduct
The Company acknowledges the unique differences that mold every individual. It is the role of The Company and You to treat all staff, parents and children with respect and dignity.
We expect all adults involved in our services to conduct themselves in the following manner:
· With courtesy, respect, and patience
· By dressing appropriately
· By treating people as You wish to be treated and modeling how You want your children to treat others
· By acknowledging and celebrating the cultures and practices of others
Under no circumstances will the following be tolerated by The Company or Client:
· Physical or verbal punishment of children
· Threats to staff, parents, or children which includes swearing and cursing
· Smoking, drug use, and/or alcohol abuse
· Quarreling, verbal fighting and/or raising of voices with other staff members, parents, or children
· Violating safety practices and/or policy
If any of the above prohibited behaviors occur, The Company will take necessary action up to and including termination of services in order to keep staff and families safe.
Copyright © 2015